Bathroom Remodeling Tips from the Striking Kitchen and Bath by Bell Experts
We all have an idea of what our ideal bathroom would look like, but before you start on any bathroom remodel, it?s good to keep a few things in mind. Here are some tips from our experts for your bathroom remodel in Denver, CO:
- Floor tiles ? if you are looking for floor tiles that are easy to maintain, you?ll want to look at porcelain or glazed tiles; porous tiles will absorb water, so it?s necessary to seal them regularly to avoid issues. Additionally, if you want tiles that offer less ability to slip with wet feet, look at tiles with textured surfaces or glazes that contain sand.
- Add more power to your wiring ? the national electrical code requires that all new construction, especially kitchens and baths, update outlets to be GFCI outlets. However, you may still have wiring that can only handle up to 15 amps. Do yourself and your electrical system a favor and upgrade the wiring to 20 amps.
- Make your toilet and shower more water-efficient ? remodeling a bathroom provides you the opportunity to install new fixtures like low-flow toilets and shower heads, which can go a long way toward conserving water.
- Improve your bathroom?s lighting ? along with being able to upgrade your water-based fixtures, you can also create and install a better lighting plan for your bath. You can add vanity lights, recessed lights and the ability to dim or turn off certain lights to create a relaxing atmosphere.
- Consider radiant floor heating ? tile can get chilly, particularly in the winter months, but with a radiant heating system underneath your bathroom tile, your feet can stay warm and toasty.
- Use paint instead of wallpaper ? the humidity of a bathroom can be tough on wallpaper, causing it to peel and bubble. Instead, go for a durable paint for the walls.
The experts at Striking Kitchen and Bath by Bell have been helping customers throughout the Denver, CO, area with their bathroom remodels for over 3 decades. Call us today, and see what we can do for your home!