Focus on Fixtures: Tips on Choosing the Right Bathroom Faucet
One of the enjoyable aspects of engaging in a bathroom remodel is the ability to choose new fixtures for your updated bath. Not only can fixtures make your bathroom more efficient with water usage, they also dictate the style of the bathroom and function as a focal point. These are the reasons why you want to make sure you choose fixtures that achieve these goals. Today we?re going to talk about your bathroom?s faucets. Today?s faucets aren?t just functional: they can also be a main attraction.
The first item you want to decide upon when choosing new faucets for your remodeled bathroom is the type of faucet you want. There are four main configurations:
- Center set ? this is the standard 3-hole faucet set-up in which you have two handles, one for hot water and one for cold, and the faucet in the center.
- Single-hole ? another traditional faucet set-up, the single-hole faucet combines both the faucet and a lever in a single unit.
- Widespread mountings ? this type of faucet has three components but as the name indicates, the components have considerable space between them. The standard length between components in this kind of mounting is eight inches.
- Wall mount fixtures ? a sleek-looking option, wall mount sinks are also 3-hole set-ups, but the components are installed into the wall versus the sink.
It wasn?t too long ago that chrome or brass were your two options for faucet finishes, but thanks to advancements in technology and wider product offerings, you have many more choices, including:
- Nickel (brushed, hammered and polished)
- Stainless steel
- Bronze (brushed, oil-rubbed)
- Brass (polished)
- Ceramic (different colors and patterns)
Lastly, you can increase your water conservation by installing a low-flow faucet. These faucets don?t reduce the water pressure at all, but do reduce your water usage by maximizing the flow rate to 1.5 gallons per minute (gpm) or less.
Is it time to update your bathroom in Denver, CO? Then call the experts who can help you with every step: Striking Remodels by Bell.