Optimize Your Storage Space during a Kitchen Remodel
When planning a kitchen remodel, it can be difficult to picture how all of the little things will come together in the end. One of the most important things to consider is how you?re going to store everything you want to keep around in your newly designed space. In today?s guide, we want to give you a few ideas on how you and your contractor can plan for a space that suits your storage needs with kitchen remodeling, no matter how many kitchen appliances, utensils, spices, and knick-knacks you own.
- Take an inventory of your kitchen items before you begin. As you prepare for your kitchen remodel, pay attention to where you are storing things currently, and how the location or placement of objects could be improved. Perhaps you notice that drawers seem cluttered or that large appliances are difficult to reach in the back of the cupboard. Make a list to have available when you plan the new space with your contractor.
- Make it accessible for all who use your kitchen. Remember that if you entertain guests frequently, you may want to try and make the storage space work for anyone who wants to access it. If you or a family member has a disability, ask your contractor about adapting a kitchen remodel to suit this person?s needs.
- Extend cabinetry to the ceiling. If you?re worried that you?ll need a lot of storage space, tell your contractor you?d like floor-to-ceiling wall cabinetry. It?s tough to know how many kitchen items you?ll accumulate over time, and for some homeowners, there is simply no such thing as too much storage.
- On the other hand, consider pull-out drawers over wall cabinets. Many designers these days opt for pull-out drawers over cabinets because they make it easier to view everything in the space, instead of digging around on a shelf in a cabinet. And today, drawers can come out all the way, instead of stopping ? of the way.
- Add on additional hardware. Finally, you can get additional hardware for your drawers that helps make organization and cleanup a little easier and that helps make finding items much simpler for guests.
Call Striking Kitchen and Bath by Bell to view our extensive product showroom and to learn what else we can help you to accomplish with kitchen remodeling in Englewood, CO.