For many people, the ultimate comfort and peace of mind is being able to continue living where they want to live, as they get older. We all face changes and new challenges as we age, but that doesn’t have to include moving out of the place you may have called home for decades. The key is to be prepared for the changes that come, for a smooth and seamless transition.
At Striking Kitchen and Bath by Bell, we provide high-quality Aging in Place and ADA Remodels to keep you safe and allow you to maintain your independence to live with dignity. Our Aging in Place Consultants will help design a space that meets all of your needs.
ADA stands for the Americans with Disabilities Act, which is a set of guidelines that focus on accessibility and mobility for those with physical challenges. In an ADA compliant home, modifications must be made that can include varying the threshold, widening hallways, adding entry ramps or whatever is needed to make all areas of the home accessible.
Renovations to Meet Your Needs
The modifications that are required to make your bathroom or kitchen design ADA compliant and to help you age in place vary depending on the circumstances, but can include any of the following services:
- Widening hallways and doorways to allow for greater accessibility
- Evening out thresholds so wheelchairs can slide into the house without any bumps and to decrease tripping hazards
- Switching knobs to lever handles for ease of use
- Moving switches lower for easier accessibility
- Opening up tight spaces to accommodate a 360-degree turn in a wheelchair
- Installing anti-slip flooring
- Installing easy-to-use faucets that require less force
- Adding wall-mounted grab bars in the bathroom or other areas, as needed
- Installing accessible countertops in the kitchen
- Improving the lighting by adding motion sensor or sound-activated lights
- Modifying the height of kitchen appliances and cupboards so cooking is still possible
Why Choose Striking Kitchen and Bath by Bell?
When you work with Striking Kitchen and Bath by Bell, you’ll have access to an experienced team of experts that has a proven track record of providing stunning and functional aging in place renovations for a wide range of clients. Here are some of the features and benefits of working with us:
- Started as a division of Bell Plumbing and heating in the early 1950s
- Conceptual modeling and visualization
- Dedicated designer for you and your project to guide you through every step of the process, from the first measurements until completion of the project.
- A+ BBB rating for decades
- All of our craftsmen are background checked and drug tested for your safety and peace of mind.
- We use Certified Aging in Place consultants for the best results
Every time we enter a home, our goal is to treat it as if it were our own. We will install a protective covering around all work areas to safeguard your valuables, we clear trash away from the job site on a daily basis and we will always leave the work area clean and organized as we go.
Aging and the changes that come along with it are inevitable, but that doesn’t mean you can’t age gracefully in the home of your choice. Schedule a consultation with us today to learn more about how we can help with your ADA bathroom design in the Denver area.