Replace Your Kitchen Faucet
Your kitchen faucet is one of the centerpieces of your home, used on a daily basis for cooking and cleaning. Replacing it is a big step, but sometimes necessary, either because the old faucet is no longer working as it should or because you?d like a new faucet that matches your taste and d?cor a little better. Regardless of the reasons, you want a trained professional to conduct replacement services. Here in Denver, kitchen faucets can be installed by numerous qualified companies. We?ve included a quick breakdown of the steps involved so you have some idea of what to expect.
Steps For Kitchen Faucet Installation
- The technician examines the sink and then shuts off the water to the faucet in preparation for replacement. (It?s recommended that you remove everything underneath the sink before he or she begins work.)
- The technician removes the nuts connecting the faucet to the rest of the sink, then loosens the tube nut, which holds the faucet in place.
- The technician lifts the faucet out of the sink, along with the line connecting it to the rest of your plumbing. If necessary, he or she will replace the tube with a new one as part of the service (though in some cases the tube may not need replacing).
- The technician cleans the mounting where the faucet goes: removing hard water deposits, clearing out mold and other detritus, and replacing any components that have become damaged over time.
- The technician connects the new lines to the plumbing, then runs it to the faucet mount.
- The technician connects the new faucet to the line, and secures it in place by tightening the tube nut.
- The technician turns on the water and checks to make sure the faucet is functioning before tightening the last nuts securing the faucet to the sink.
If you?re looking to replace your kitchen faucet, then contact the experts at Striking Kitchen and Bath by Bell for help.
We have the skills you need to do the job right, and here in Denver, kitchen faucets shouldn?t be left to anyone but the very best. Contact us today and let us show you what we can do!